LOCATION: Barrie, ON
SALARY: $50K – $60K
ESS Direct Inc. is currently recruiting for a Lumberyard Dispatcher role with a company just north of Barrie, ON.
Ensure all deliveries have proper paperwork before any truck leaves the yard. Track down missing orders and provide quick answers and solutions to customers and supervisors.
- Receive, prioritize and dispatch orders for deliveries
- Use radio, phone or computer to send drivers to appropriate locations
- Monitor the route and status of drivers to coordinate and prioritize their schedule
- Provide drivers with information about orders, traffic, obstacles and requirements
- Receive emergency and non-emergency calls and record significant information
- Address problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions
- Enter data in computer system and maintain logs and records of calls, activities and other information
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Proven experience as dispatcher or relevant position preferred
- Experience in delivery preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities
- Sound judgement and critical thinking
If you are interested in this position, please submit a copy of your resume.
ESS Direct welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.